” It may take a lot from your time, but it worth it ”
One of the most famous Italian dish that you would find it in any Italian restaurant, just similar to the pizza. and its originally from Naples a city in Italy. Lasagna is always perfect for holidays and gathering, its always the first choice whenever you want to invite your friends over to a dinner or any other occasion.
Serving: 6 – 8
Preparation and Cook time: 3 hr 15 min
|Onion fine chopped||90 g (1/2 piece)|
|Carrot small brunoise (fine chopped)||65 g (1/2 piece)|
|Celery small brunoise (fine chopped)||55 g (1 piece)|
|Garlic clove roughly chopped||15 g (4 piece)|
|Grounded beef||850 g|
|Tomato paste||100 g|
|Peeled tomato||400 g|
|Bay Leaves||4 pieces|
|Salt & Pepper||To taste|
|Milk||650 ml (3 cups)|
|Cream||1 liter (4.5 cups)|
|Butter||90 g (7 tablespoon)|
|White wheat flour||110 g (1 cup)|
|Peeled onion||1/2 piece|
|Bay leaves||1 piece|
|Salt & pepper||To taste|
|Lasagna sheets||500 g|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||6 cups|
|Parmesan Cheese||170 g|
1- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f (200 degrees Celsius).
2- Prepare the Bolognese Sauce.
- In a large pot apply oil and add all chopped vegetable, let it cook for 1 -2 min.
- Add the grounded beef let it cook for 5 min.
- While the beef is cooking, mash the peeled tomatoes with your hand in a separate bowl, then add it together with the tomato paste to the grounded beef.
- Season it with bay leaves, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Keep it in low heat for 5 – 6 min.
2- Prepare the Béchamel Sauce.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Make an Onion Pique (stick cloves and bay leaves to the onion).
- Put the onion pique into the boiled milk, keep it in low heat.
- In another pot add butter and white flour, slightly sauté to white roux and let cool down.
- Strain boiled milk to the white roux, immediately keep on whisking.
- Add cream.
- Season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Keep on whisking till it get thick.
3- Prepare the lasagna sheets.
- Bring a salted water into a boil.
- Add lasagna sheets till it gets soft.
- While its boiling prepare an ice bath (water with ice).
- Place the lasagna sheets in the ice bath to halt the cooking process.
- Assemble the sheets into a clean napkins to let it dry.
- Do that for all the lasagna sheets.
4- Prepare the lasagna
- In a large roaster applied with butter.
- in the first layer start with arranging the sheets.
- try to cover all blank spaces by using the trimming of the lasagna sheets.
- Following the bolognese sauce first.
- Then the béchamel sauce.
- Then on top of that add grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- When starting with the next sheets layer, place the lasagna sheets on the other way around, the opposite way of the first sheets layer.
- And repeat the same step all over again till you reach to the top of the roaster.
- Keep the final layer with bolognese sauce and extra béchamel sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the roaster tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place it in oven for 50 min.
- Remove the cover and put it back in the oven for 10 min.
- Allow lasagna to rest for 15 min before cutting it.