I love making béchmel sauce! its one of the sauces that i just constantly keep tasting because i just simply love it! ❤
Bechamel sauce also is one of the mother sauces that you can also make too many sauces based on it, for example, Cheese sauce, you can only add a bit of cheddar or parmesan cheese on it and then you can call it a cheese sauce!
Serving: 6 – 8
Preparation and Cook time: 30 min
|Milk||650 ml (3 cups)|
|Cream||1 liter (4.5 cups)|
|Butter||90 g (7 tablespoon)|
|White wheat flour||110 g (1 cup)|
|Peeled onion||1/2 piece|
|Bay leaves||1 piece|
|Salt & pepper||To taste|
1- Cook the milk
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Make an Onion Pique (stick cloves and bay leaves to the onion).
- Put it into the boiled milk.
- Let it simmer in medium heat.
2- How to make a roux?
- In another pot add butter and white flour.
- slightly sauté to white roux.
3- Pour the milk to the roux.
- Strain boiled milk to the white roux, immediately keep on whisking.
- Add Cream
- Season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Keep on whisking till it get thick.